Author Topic: Question about the trolleys  (Read 2945 times)

early_morning

• Southwood Neighbor
Question about the trolleys
« on: April 13, 2016, 05:30:19 PM »
Is the trolly in Misterogers different to the neighborhood? Because i've never seen an episode of misterogers, but i have seen the opening Misterogers Invitation and I noticed how the trolley on the canadian show was bigger. I was just wondering is that the same trolley did they modify it at all?

Quinn

• Southwood Neighbor
Re: Question about the trolleys
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 03:18:30 PM »
I've always wanted a good history of the Trolleys - who made them, how many versions, and the number of them. (I've read a first-hand account of a unit being damaged during an on-set visit and immediately replaced with a backup.)

Here is, I believe, the original, so that one clearly wasn't modified after the early shows. I think this is in a museum in Canada; I found this picture years ago on the 'net.

early_morning

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 06:22:56 PM »
Thanks for sharing I didn't even know that.

Quinn

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 02:06:31 AM »
I came across a closer angle of the display above, which is at the CBC. The text on the left side of the card reads:

When CBC's Fred Rainsberry first met Fred Rogers, he was so convinced of his abilities that he invited Rogers to produce his concept for a TV show in Canada. Misterrogers aired on CBC-TV in 1963. The trolley was built and designed by Bill Ferguson and Bob Hackborn.

CBC Design, 1963.

early_morning

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 10:23:27 AM »
Yeah I caught that to.