Author Topic: Lack of availability of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood releases  (Read 4571 times)

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
Can anyone on this board find out why we have not seen any additional releases of the earlier
years become available on itunes or amazon downloads? FRC had mention back in early 2011
that 50 more were coming out. These days it seems like the idea of more earlier programs are
probably not going to be release anytime soon.

Perhaps the sales are too low from what is available, not enough demand for them to release more.
It is ironic with so many on going delays, clearence issues, how the neighborhood archive can get
access to the entire library without any issues. Whatever access i may of had, had to put in hard
hours of work with a project. Even then i was limited, could not get them in order the way Tim
manages.

I feel sad for the other fans on this message board who may not get the opportunity to see any of
the unavailble episodes other than thru the current means that Tim covers every now and then. itunes
seems like the way to go then releasing dvds. Amazon ones are not in the best user friendly format,
unless you purchase the high price dvds. I personal do not being force to have the internet at home,
because having cable, internet is monthly expense. They could loose the license rights at anytime
without notice for the streaming, or even downloads. I am more than willing to pay for each episode
if they release more thru itunes.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:54:30 AM by ladyelainefairchilde »

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Re: Lack of availability of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood releases
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 11:29:02 AM »
It seems that you, Tim, and SnowPeck are the only people who get special treatment from FCI.  If Fred was still alive, I don't think he'd be picking favorites like the people currently running FCI do.

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 11:45:06 AM »
Can't see why they'd go against anything Mr. Rogers would of wanted them to do or not to do.

bjdwsm

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 07:20:36 PM »
I don't think it's a case of playing favorites; as Tim mentioned in the FAQ

There is much more to this than FRC simply hoarding this footage. That is not the case at all. There are legal and financial issues associated with sharing this footage and I fully support the position of FRC.

Fun stuff like music clearances, residuals, etc.

Lupton2000

• New to the Neighborhood
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 12:19:46 AM »
I have a feeling that the final week cannot be released due to the music and footage used, especially in the final show.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 09:04:41 PM »
I don't think it's a case of playing favorites; as Tim mentioned in the FAQ

There is much more to this than FRC simply hoarding this footage. That is not the case at all. There are legal and financial issues associated with sharing this footage and I fully support the position of FRC.

Fun stuff like music clearances, residuals, etc.

But the rules don't seem to apply to certain people, such as Tim, SnowPeck, and LadyElaineFairchild.  So, FCI is playing favorites.

bjdwsm

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 09:17:25 PM »
But the rules don't seem to apply to certain people, such as Tim, SnowPeck, and LadyElaineFairchild.  So, FCI is playing favorites.

I can see why they would allow Tim to have access to the shows for his site, but he's likely subject to certain rules himself regarding how he uses his access. I'm not entirely sure what the background is on SnowPeck and LadyElaineFairchild's access, but I would imagine they had a specific purpose for their requests, and agreed to certain rules and restrictions in exchange for FCI's approval.