Author Topic: Chef Brocket  (Read 2585 times)

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
Chef Brocket
« on: May 26, 2015, 03:00:14 PM »
It seemed like from the beginning he had his bakery and of course because there was no separation  between Make Believe and the real neighborhood and once that change was made people like Mr. Nergi now had a music store and Betty owned a neighborhood theater.

But while Chef Brocket might of always had his bakery just from looking through the list of episodes it looks like there were no visits to his bakery till the 3rd season.

Wonder why?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:16:20 PM by MIKEBENNIDICT »

VirginiaDoll

• New to the Neighborhood
Re: Chef Brocket
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 11:18:06 AM »
I seem to think that Handyman Negri and Joe Negri were linked in the neighborhood and the NOM by their both playing the guitar. There was also an episode where Joe Negri in the neighborhood (at his music shop in fact) makes reference to Mr Rogers pretending he is Handyman Negri in the NOM.

Chef Brockett always played Chef Brockett in the neighborhood and in the NOM although there was never a visit to his bakery in the NOM.

I have never been able to see the Betty's Little Theatre episodes. I was a child who watched from 1984-1989ish and her theatre had been written off by then. Amazon doesn't seem to carry those episodes. When Betty used to visit this site, she said she wasn't sure why she was relegated to NOM neighbor only. She did visit a circus as Betty Aberlin, neighborhood neighbor in the late 80s and that was her last scene I. The real neighborhood, I believe.

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 02:16:04 PM »
I don't see how you missed Betty's Little Theater because those episodes were shown quite a bit in the 80's.

I'm aware that CB was in both Make Believe and the real neighborhood

Plus are you sure about Amazon?

I thought the older episodes existed there.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 11:18:13 AM »
I seem to think that Handyman Negri and Joe Negri were linked in the neighborhood and the NOM by their both playing the guitar. There was also an episode where Joe Negri in the neighborhood (at his music shop in fact) makes reference to Mr Rogers pretending he is Handyman Negri in the NOM.

Chef Brockett always played Chef Brockett in the neighborhood and in the NOM although there was never a visit to his bakery in the NOM.

I have never been able to see the Betty's Little Theatre episodes. I was a child who watched from 1984-1989ish and her theatre had been written off by then. Amazon doesn't seem to carry those episodes. When Betty used to visit this site, she said she wasn't sure why she was relegated to NOM neighbor only. She did visit a circus as Betty Aberlin, neighborhood neighbor in the late 80s and that was her last scene I. The real neighborhood, I believe.

When Betty used to post, her theory was that Fred eliminated the Betty's Little Theater component because Fred felt that Betty took too many liberties in those scenes and didn't follow the script closely enough.

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 11:53:39 AM »
I still don't see how you can take out a segment from a MRN episode.

It's not like Sesame Street or The Electric Company which are a bunch of short segments and MRN

isn't really like that.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 09:42:14 PM »
I still don't see how you can take out a segment from a MRN episode.

It's not like Sesame Street or The Electric Company which are a bunch of short segments and MRN

isn't really like that.

I think you misunderstood my post.  What I meant is that, after 1982, Fred no longer included Betty's Little Theater in new episodes.  I didn't mean that it was removed from existing episodes.

But in any case, we know that at least 2 episodes (1121 and 1696) did have scenes that were removed and replaced with new scenes.  That was also likely the case with a lot of black and white episodes.  And in 1587, "Soviet Union" was replaced with "Russia", but that was easy to edit.

whewfan

• New to the Neighborhood
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 05:02:08 AM »
What scenes were replaced in 1121?

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 11:24:04 AM »
What scenes were replaced in 1121?

Don't know for sure.  We just know that it included a video that has a United Airlines logo that didn't exist until 1973, even though the episode originally aired in 1970.

bjdwsm

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »
I think the visits to the neighborhood locations were mainly done so they could be shot separately and edited into the episode in post-production to allow Negri, Clemmons, Brockett, Aberlin et al a little more flexibility in scheduling. It's also a little more economical too: they could tape a bunch of Brockett's Bakery/Betty's Little Theater/Franc's Studio/Negri's Music Shop scenes at once without having to disassemble and reassemble the sets over and over again.