Author Topic: It's Such A Good Feeling first Monday show to use as closing  (Read 10712 times)

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: It's Such A Good Feeling first Monday show to use as closing
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 06:06:29 PM »
Regarding 1221... my interpretation of LEF's post was that it *does* have the "Weekend Song" coda (with "tomorrow's new"), followed by Mr. Rogers talking, and *then* the short "Good Feeling" reprise with the humming and "we're friends".

You're exactly right. Since I hadn't detailed that episode in its entirety yet, I didn't go past Mister Rogers leading into the Weekend Song (assuming that's how the episode ends). I went back and checked again and what you've said is exactly what happens. He goes into the Weekend Song, "hums" a bit of Good Feeling as he stands to change his jacket (more of a "bah dum dum dee dum" than a hum) and concludes with "It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling, the feeling you know that we're friends."

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 10:38:42 PM »
Episode 355/1225 has the weekend song in full.

Does 1225 have both Good Feeling and the Weekend Song?  Or just Weekend Song?

What version of Good Feeling was used in 1223?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:24:03 PM by mitsguy2001 »

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 10:40:16 PM »

Weekend song is also used on 1220 but then after he sings that melody heard is the Good Feeling
song rather than usual weekend song outro melody as in 1971 season eps.

I wonder if perhaps 1220 was edited.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 10:43:40 PM »

What episodes used "tomorrow's new" vs. "the day is new".  Did all Friday episodes use "the week is new"?

Hard to say without going back and checking every episode. My gut says that the earlier uses of the Weekend Song used "tomorrow's new" and when that song became more commonly used, it eventually evolved into "the day is new" to distinguish the Monday-Thursday episodes from the Friday "week is new." Haven't checked that to be certain, just my gut feeling.

Actually, you don't have to go back to past episodes at all.  Obviously "Tomorrow's new" wasn't used in any Friday episodes.  And we know it wasn't used in 1221 either.   And we know it wasn't used in post-75s.  So you haven't reviewed any episodes so far that used "Tomorrow's new".  If possible, at least during the transition period, can you specify in your reviews which version is used, or at least the first and last tie that "Tomorrow's new" and "The day is new" is used?

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 06:14:08 AM »
I'll try to remember to do this. Probably won't add those details to the actual episode descriptions (for the sake of consistency) but will try to remember to post that information here as i cover the next several episodes.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 06:23:04 AM »
I'll have 1220 up later today but here's how it ends:

Weekend Song (both verses) > Good Feeling plays in the background as Mister Rogers says a few words and exits > Good Feeling continues through the credits.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 06:18:29 PM »
Looking at the screencaps, I'm seeing 1971 copyright dates on episodes 1206-1209, 1213, 1214, 1216, 1217, and 1219.   And Tim's typed-out credits also show 1971 for all of those except 1216 and 1217.

Thanks for the heads-up on this. Definitely an oversight on my part. Got both changed to the correct copyright date of 1971.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 11:05:54 AM »
Thanks for all the info, Tim.

From what I've gathered, not all episodes from 1206-1220 have 1972 copyright dates.   Looking at the screencaps, I'm seeing 1971 copyright dates on episodes 1206-1209, 1213, 1214, 1216, 1217, and 1219.   And Tim's typed-out credits also show 1971 for all of those except 1216 and 1217.   The ones that definitely have 1972 copyright dates so far are 1205, 1210, 1211, 1212, 1215, and 1218.   1220-1230 have yet to be posted, but ladyelainefairchilde's posts seem to indicate that 1221 and 1229 have 1971 copyright dates, while 1226-1228 and 1230 have 1972 copyright dates.   By the way, from what I've seen so far, you can easily distinguish the 1972 copyrights because they have "MISTER ROGERS' NEIGHBORHOOD" in plain text between the logo and the copyright notice.

I'm surprised that 1220 has a 1972 copyright date, given that it closes with the Weekend Song, but the other 1972 copyright date Friday episodes end with Good Feeling.

By the way, Tim, some of the later episodes that you detailed have incorrect copyright dates.  Not a huge deal, but maybe you can correct them when you get to those episodes in order.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »
If you notice anything that's incorrect on the site, copyright dates or otherwise, please let me know. I do my best to be sure that what's on the site is accurate but occasionally things slip by me -- especially when it comes to stuff like the copyright dates on the episodes. If you know which episodes specifically, that would be extremely helpful. I'd be glad to get those fixed ASAP.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 04:24:04 PM »
I mentioned this before, but just for the sake of trying for make a habit of sharing these details here, 1221 ends like this:

Mister Rogers sings Good Feeling and then goes into the Weekend Song. As he stands to put on his jacke, he "hums" a bit of Good Feeling (more of a "bah dum dum dee dum" than a hum) and concludes with "It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling, the feeling you know that we're friends."

The Weekend Song includes "...when tomorrow's new."

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2016, 08:31:55 PM »
I mentioned this before, but just for the sake of trying for make a habit of sharing these details here, 1221 ends like this:

Mister Rogers sings Good Feeling and then goes into the Weekend Song. As he stands to put on his jacke, he "hums" a bit of Good Feeling (more of a "bah dum dum dee dum" than a hum) and concludes with "It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling, the feeling you know that we're friends."

The Weekend Song includes "...when tomorrow's new."

Thanks for posting that.  So it sounds like it did include the "I'll be back" verse.  It also sounds like the first time he sang "when tomorrow's new".  I wonder when will be the first time he sings "when the day is new".  I'm also guessing that was the first time he sang the "We're friends" line.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 12:01:21 PM »
I should have 1222 up later today. Nothing out of the ordinary to end this one -- just "Tomorrow" (although he does change the words slightly as you'll see in the episode description when I get it posted).

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2016, 04:41:20 PM »
Wrapping up 1223 this evening. It ends with Good Feeling and The Weekend Song.

These two songs include the lines "...make a snappy new day" and "...when tomorrow's new."

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 11:03:22 AM »
Wrapping up 1223 this evening. It ends with Good Feeling and The Weekend Song.

These two songs include the lines "...make a snappy new day" and "...when tomorrow's new."

Thanks.  Did he say "today" after "snappy new day", or has he stopped doing that?  Did he say "today" after "snappy new day" in all of 1205, 1210, 1215, 1221, and 1223, or just some of those?

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2016, 05:00:38 PM »
I'd have to go back and check all of those others but on 1223 he did still add in "today"