Author Topic: Bernie Jesiolowski YouTube clips  (Read 3947 times)

Adam Nedeff

• New to the Neighborhood
Bernie Jesiolowski YouTube clips
« on: January 24, 2015, 03:39:12 AM »
Bernie Jesiolowski, who appeared on a handful of episodes in the first season, has uploaded some clips of his segments on YouTube. Really neat stuff here!

DannyJoe

• Tree House Neighbor
    • Danny Joe's Tree House
Re: Bernie Jesiolowski YouTube clips
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 08:46:10 AM »
Danny Joe

alex_dh

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 11:10:01 AM »
I'm new to the Neighborhood.  One of these clips had Mrs. Frogg in it, which was the first time I had seen any of the Froggs - I had only read about them on the Archive.  Mrs. Frogg sounds a bit like Mr. McFeely/David Newell here, but I don't see him listed as having voiced this puppet.  Any chance it's him? 

(I was born in 1983 and definitely watched the show when I was young, but I only had vague memories of the show besides the opening and closing songs and a few regular characters and puppets.  But I've been watching almost a show per day through Amazon Prime for over a month now.)

Alex

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 09:17:22 PM »
I'm new to the Neighborhood.  One of these clips had Mrs. Frogg in it, which was the first time I had seen any of the Froggs - I had only read about them on the Archive.  Mrs. Frogg sounds a bit like Mr. McFeely/David Newell here, but I don't see him listed as having voiced this puppet.  Any chance it's him? 

(I was born in 1983 and definitely watched the show when I was young, but I only had vague memories of the show besides the opening and closing songs and a few regular characters and puppets.  But I've been watching almost a show per day through Amazon Prime for over a month now.)

Alex

Mrs. Frogg was voiced by Hedda Sharapan, who was and still is a staff member at FCI.

Dr. Frogg was voiced by Hilary Bogden (a man), who had a radio show with Bob Trow.  Hilary Bogden passed away in 2009.

Tad Frogg was voiced by Fred Rogers.

I believe that on the Canadian predecessor to MRN, the Froggs were voiced by different people.

I think the Froggs were phased out since Hilary Bogden probably had limited availability since his primary job was at a radio station, Hedda Sharapan probably was busy with other duties at FCI, and Fred probably already voiced enough puppets.

alex_dh

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 09:10:14 AM »
I saw that Hedda Sharapan was listed for Mrs. Frogg's voice but didn't realize she was around from the beginning as I later found out.  Thanks for the info.

Alex