Author Topic: Fred Heads Unite! Testing the waters for a possible MRN Convention  (Read 9344 times)

DannyJoe

• New to the Neighborhood
  • Tree House Neighbor
    • Danny Joe's Tree House
Danny Joe

DannyJoe

• Tree House Neighbor
    • Danny Joe's Tree House
Re: Fred Heads Unite! Testing the waters for a possible MRN Convention
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 04:10:11 PM »
I should add that I would be very willing to do the legwork on this if there was enough interest. What do you say, neighbors?  :D
Danny Joe

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 11:11:02 AM »
Definitely an interesting idea...no matter how big or small. I'm curious to hear what others might think.

DannyJoe

• Tree House Neighbor
    • Danny Joe's Tree House
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 01:04:13 PM »
Danny Joe

DannyJoe

• Tree House Neighbor
    • Danny Joe's Tree House
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 08:29:30 AM »
Danny Joe

DannyJoe

• Tree House Neighbor
    • Danny Joe's Tree House
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:19:55 PM »
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:46:21 AM by Neighborhood Archive »
Danny Joe

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »
Along those same lines, I came across this - this morning while I was drinking my coffee:  https://www.facebook.com/LatrobeLaurelValley 

The Neighborhood Visitor and Information Center - looks like a neat place to stop.

I would be interested, have to check my calendar.

Mike

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 09:20:16 PM »
Very interesting idea.  A few initial thoughts. 

For some of us outside driving distance to Pittsburgh, air travel would be the way to take part in this fun gathering.  From my perspective, there should be a few other MRN attractions included to justify spending airfare and other travel expenses on this short trip.  After all, from what I've seen in the articles about the exhibit, the museum has only artifacts on display, and it wouldn't take much time to look at the artifacts (now, the entire museum is great---I toured it in 2010 and you can spend an entire day at the museum, but the reason for gathering would be to see the exhibit, which wouldn't take too long).  If we started on a Friday afternoon, let's say, touring the Fred Rogers Center in Latrobe (about 80 miles from Pittsburgh), dinner and social time together on Friday evening (maybe group picture by the statute), and then the museum on Saturday morning/afternoon, that could justify the travel expense.     

If a group of dedicated fans were willing to spend the money and travel and time to gather together, it should would be nice if the good people from the Fred Rogers Company would recognize our gathering, maybe arrange a private tour of the Fred Rogers Center, or send a few staff people to eat dinner with us on Friday night.  Wouldn't it be great, also, if some of the cast/crew from MRN could be included on Friday evening?  Isn't there a library in Pittsburgh that has all the episodes available to the general public for viewing?  Perhaps we could watch a few classic episodes that way.   

Would this gathering include our children?  Or would this be mostly for adult fans?

Thanks for reading my thoughts!

DannyJoe

• Tree House Neighbor
    • Danny Joe's Tree House
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 10:19:06 PM »
Danny Joe

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 04:39:03 PM »
Danny,
Either Saturday could work at this point in time for me; I'm interested in pursuing the idea further. 

Would it be possible to create an email address (i.e .rogerscon2015@yahoo.com or something like that)?  Those interested can send an email to that address, vote that way, and then after the 6th, once the votes are in, we could all communicate to that email address.  Tim could publicize that email address this week.  Those who interested in pursuing this idea could then also communicate via personal email addresses.

Just another idea.

Scott

DannyJoe

• Tree House Neighbor
    • Danny Joe's Tree House
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 08:41:19 PM »
Danny Joe

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 11:51:34 AM »
Hi DJ,
Thanks for the reply.  I have two reasons for suggesting the email address option.  First, email is a lot more convenient for me than logging on to the message board and replying to messages there (obviously, I'm making the effort to log-on and reply, but it would be easier if all this communication could be done via email).  If people are interested, they could simple send an email to you (assuming you would receive the emails) without having to go through an extra step (i.e. logging onto the board).  Second, and maybe this reason is more for down the road, but sending an email would allow us to share our full names and contact information (with preferred method of contact for follow-up purposes), data that probably would be best shared in a private email.
Thanks for your consideration.
Scott

DannyJoe

• Tree House Neighbor
    • Danny Joe's Tree House
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 06:37:06 PM »
Danny Joe

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 08:49:54 AM »
I, too, am surprised by the lack of response.  Tim, could you repost this thread on FB and Twitter, to remind people of the 6th's deadline?
I hope that a gathering will take place!

Wicked knife and fork

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 03:08:58 PM »
Count me in! I went to Pittsburgh a few years ago for the tour of the Neighborhood of Make Believe and to the see the old episodes at the University of Pitt Library. I'd love to go back and meet some more fans.