Author Topic: MRN/Sesame Street Posting  (Read 2745 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
MRN/Sesame Street Posting
« on: April 18, 2014, 09:33:29 AM »
That was a good article posted on the Archive site about MRN and Sesame Street.  Incidently that Ernie and Bert fan bit was also on vinyl which can be found here:  http://sesamestreem.dabrosis.com/at_home_with_ernie_and_bert.html

It sounded like Fred wanted Carroll to do what Margret Hamilton did which was put on the custome.  If Fred was able to get Jim Henson to have appeared, I think Jim may have been more apt to show how the character worked.  It seemed like in later years Jim was more willing to show people how puppetry worked.  I wonder if Fred ever did ask Jim and that why he ended up getting Carroll.  Although by that time esspecially from 1979, 1980, and 1981 Big Bird was what Barney was in the 1990s.

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: MRN/Sesame Street Posting
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 01:10:37 PM »
It's also possible Carroll didn't wanna show how BB worked on MRN because he felt or knew Jim wouldn't of gone along with the idea.

Also I understand Ms. Hamilton appeared on Sesame Street I think a year before MRN.

I wouldn't know about the SS episode but I've read some people who saw it and were scared to death of her appearance on the show so I've always wondered if her appearance on Mr. Rogers might of been as a result of her SS appearance?

Another thing I recall with Mr. Rogers appearing on SS at a time when nobody believe that the Snuffleupagus was real Rogers I believe let BB know that be believed him.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:31:08 PM by MIKEBENNIDICT »

PaulKTF

• Southwood Neighbor
Re: MRN/Sesame Street Posting
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 07:50:32 AM »
I agree with Caroll on this one. I completely understand why he wouldn't want to show that Big Bird wasn't real.
-Paul.